Pre-Conference Workshops - Monday 18 June 2018
9:00 am - 1:00 pm Workshop A: Intelligent Automation 101 - Boot Camp
While RPA has been the buzzword for the past few years, as the discussion has moved forward, it has become clear that the question of “Is it just hype?” has been laid to rest. Instead, the question is “How far can RPA, cognitive and AI technologies take your organization toward process optimization?”. This Boot Camp will discuss vital questions that need to be answered with respect to what is involved in establishing an intelligent automation program, including: the benefits it can provide, the roadblocks to its success and its potential to add value to your business.
- Learn about intelligent automation’s capabilities and what it can offer in the years to come
- How Artificial Intelligence (AI), chatbots and RPA are linked together, which one brings value to the other?
- Understand which processes can utilize these technologies
- Develop a stakeholders engagement plan and a robust business case
- Determine a realistic timeline for your intelligent automation journey
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm Workshop B: How to Develop an Effective Call-To-Action Proof Of Concept (POC) and Roll-Out a Successful Pilot ProgramPeter Malek, Director, Process Performance & Operational Excellence ,VMware
Before you can roll out an intelligent automation program, you need to develop an effective PoC that warrants your stakeholders’ attention and approval.However, if you’re new to the IA scene, doing so can be quite a challenge. Although RPA is indeed a very valuable tool for a wide variety of departments and industry functionalities, before you can go full-throttle, you must test out the waters on a smaller scale so to ensure success in other departments (and with respect to different project scopes).
- How to develop a clear-cut presentation of your intelligent automation goals, objectives, scope, and success criteria
- Examples you should include in your PoC that reflect the successes other organizations have experienced with their intelligent automation rollouts
- How to develop a call-to-action implementation roadmap, identify key projects, KPIs to be met, and how to track your success along your journey
- How to determine which department functionalities would be best suited for a RPA pilot program based upon its transactional volume stats, regulations and transparency standards x department must adhere to, et cetera
- Vendor solution options that not only work for pilot programs, but will also grow with your RPA program – and perhaps with cognitive and artificial intelligence components as well
Peter MalekDirector, Process Performance & Operational Excellence